Thursday, February 23, 2012

EDCI-6340 Chapter Six-Harnessing humor



I can relate to this chapter because I also have being in the classroom hoping that the presenter hurries up and finishes his boring presentation. I sit there wishing for a fire drill or some kind of interruption so that the presentation can be canceled.  This chapter mentions ways those presenters can make their presentations more fun.  Burmark mentions that there are two things need to happen to get your content across (2011, P.100).  First is to get your audience’s attention and second, connect the humor to your content so people will learn (Burmark, 2011, P.100).  After reading this chapter I will definitely try to make my presentations more fun for example I will start with a joke or have a funning image and start up classroom discussion. 

  Burmark, L. (2011). They Snooze You Lose: The educator’s guide to successful presentations. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass


I

No comments:

Post a Comment